Well, I have stopped remembering to bring a real camera anywhere and just use my phone. And then forget to upload them and make a blog post! Facebook is just so much easier! But I know we have some friends and family that still like the blog so here it is.
We went to Iron Kettle Farm and went on the hayride.
James can't understand why cows eat hay, he didn't think it was too tasty.
I even think Jude enjoyed the hayride.
We were excited to find a Jude-sized pumpkin.
The most fun part of Iron Kettle Farm is seeing their fun pumpkin-headed character scenes. They have popular movie characters, nursery rhymes, etc. This one seemed to fit us best.
I went for a walk with our neighbor one day and had to catch the beautiful view. We've had some spectacular leaves this year.
Hockey season at last! Go Big Red Womens Hockey!! (and Men's Hockey too, but we have a bias towards the Women, no offense).
One of the down sides to having big, beautiful trees in our yard. Endless raking in the fall. Oh well, at least the piles are fun for the kids!
We have been running outside and it's getting a bit chilly. Jude was not too thrilled to wear a hat.
Jude and I have been doing a children's music class. He doesn't always get the participation thing, but it's fun anyways.
We found a "new" gorge to hike. It was beautiful.
Welcome to Ithaca, my friends! This is our beautiful world.
Waiting for mom and dad and Jude.
"Mom, quit taking my picture!!" Apple picking at Grisamore Farms. A must-do in the fall! I used to bottle applesauce, but don't anymore so we went and picked apples just for fun. So far we've made apple pie, apple muffins, apple cake, caramel apples, eaten the apples out of hand, and still have a boxful. Time to make another pie I guess!
Jack and Jude had a hilarious time riding in the little wagon with the apple containers.
One of our fun "adventures" was going to see Lindsey Stirling in concert at SUNY Cortland. We had such a fantastic time. She is really talented and such a fun performer. If you don't know who she is, just look her up on YouTube.
Jude has been a little crabby lately, he's been getting his molars. He's also walking and climbing things. Both of those combined to this moment "I got myself up here and somebody better come get me down right now"
Hanging out with dad.
Jackson's birthday party. He wanted a Star Wars party so his cake was the top of R2D2's head. Remember folks that I am a very amateur cake decorator and don't look too close!
Some friends lent us a Star Wars cookbook so we made these x-wing fighters with breadsticks and hot dogs.
Jackson loved being the center of attention and having his new school friends there. Oh, and getting a bunch of presents was nice too.
The friends. All except one who was playing downstairs.
My messy R2D2. I figured out why it didn't turn out so fabulous--to get the dark colors I wanted I had to add a lot of coloring and it made the frosting runny which I didn't realize until I piped it onto the design and it wasn't staying put. Oh well. He's only five. Maybe he'll want a Purity ice cream cake next year (fingers crossed . . .)























1 comment:
What cute pics!!! Makes me miss the Veigel bunch!!! Your cakes are great--wish you could teach me some skills! What fun field trips you have been taking!! Love the scenery!
Love Jenny
Post a Comment